Sports Dance Warm-up
Music: Wow Disney
Mania Vol 2
Track 14 Baroque
Hoedown (Disney’s Electrical Paradise)
Group - They Might
This warm up is based on a sports theme. Students begin in self
space in a scattered
formation facing the teacher. The
leads the warm up calling the different sport movements.
Teaching tip: Use
a large printed list of the warm up sequence and post it on the wall
remember the order of the movements.
music has very clear changes in tempo, pitch and rhythm that are
with the different sport movements.
Listen to the music while looking at the sequence to become
with how the music and movements coordinate.
- Ready Position – rock side to side on
each count. for12 counts
- Watch the Tennis Match – head turns
right and left on each count for 16 counts
- Rowing – arms swing together
alternating right and left on each count for16 counts
- Catching a Fly Ball- reaching high
with both hand alternating to the right and left on each count
for 16 counts
- Basketball Bounce Pass – Pushing down
sideways alternating to the right and left 2 count for each push
for 16 counts
- Football 3 point stance changing hands
every 4 counts for 16 counts.
- Soccer dribble alternating right and
left inside of the foot on each count for 16 counts
- Walk forward 4 steps and bowl a ball.
Take one count for each step forward and 4 counts to roll then
turn repeat the walk and bowl. This will take 16 counts
- Touchdown official signal stretching
and bending arms 8 times for 2 counts each.
- Volleyball shuffle and bump – Slide 4
counts to the right and do two volleyball bumps 2 counts each
bump for 4 counts. Then
repeat the slide and bump to the left, using the same counts. Repeat right and left
again. This will
total 32 counts.
- Dribble a basketball for 32 counts. Use different types of
dribble tricks such as under the legs, standing on one foot,
turning, and switching hands.
- Run the Bases for 32 counts. Jog in general space
and return to your original spot on count 32.