Surveying for Chestnut Branch stream restoration
The primary objective of this Junior Clinic project was to develop a
field experience in which Freshman Clinic I students use a level to develop
a topographical map around Rowan Hall. The tasks performed in Fall 99
- Used a level to develop two topographical maps: one for the field
between Rowan and Wilson Halls, and one for the field between Rowan
Hall and Bowe Blvd.
- Formulated a problem statement for the Freshman Clinic surveying module.
Problem Statement - Students are directed to determine if a nearby stream
can be diverted through the Rowan Hall Pond, with the stream flow returned
via a culvert.
- Developed a user's manual that enables freshmen to accumulate data
using a level.
- Developed a user's manual for making a topographic map with Microsoft
- Created a set of lab instructions for a Freshman Clinic surveying
The Student Report is available.